Things change often. Time passes quickly. It is late fall and winter is on its way.
I admit that summer is my favourite season. I love everything about summer! Everything! So, I make an effort to consciously embrace the coming of the winter with love and positivity.
Canadian winters are snowy, cold, windy, icy and dark. However, there is also something magical about the season.
• When dressed in layers, the cold is manageable.
• It is interesting to see my breath on a cold day because it is normally invisible.
• Hot chocolate with marshmallows tastes better in winter.
• There is beauty in the way that snow lays on bare tree branches.
• At dawn and dusk, the snow sparkles.
• I remember how fun it was to play in the snow as a child and even though I am less inclined to play in the snow now, I have really happy memories.
Mostly, winter is my season of fortitude and resilience. As I prepare mentally and physically for it I smile, because in my heart, I really do appreciate it.