It really is ironic that I am planning a Peaceful Heart, Peaceful Mind Meditation Cruise event. For a long time, I was resistant to cruising. My husband, Lorne, who went on his first cruise in 2005 came home “cruise crazy” and would often coax me to join him. He was convinced that I would love it. So, we went on a cruise together in 2013. Well, it turns out that he was right. It is a perfect vacation for us. Maybe it’s the perfect vacation for you too!
Let me tell you my story:
My husband and I are very, very different people. The saying that opposites attract describes us perfectly! However, we share one most important quality – our very deep, sincere and enormous love for it each other. For this reason, and a few others, I decided to give a cruise vacation a try.
This is what I learned about myself and cruising:
- I did not feel sea sick on the ship. This surprised me!
- I enjoy spending more quality time with my hubby because the captain drives the ship.
- I meet people who are happy, friendly, kind and interesting. They touch my heart in so many ways.
- I respect the crew because they work so hard. They sacrifice a lot being away from their families. I appreciate them.
- I can choose to have quiet times (yin) and fun, boisterous times (yang).
- The evenings are filled with live music, entertaining stage productions, comedy shows and dancing under the stars.
- There is an abundance of food choices and dining venues, casual and more formal. No cooking or dishwashing for the entire week.
- The kitchen will make customized vegetarian meals if I don’t like what is on the menu. I have always been a picky eater.
- There are always interesting activities happening (as well as activities I am not keen on). There’s something for everyone.
- I can participate in the organized activities – as much or as little as I want to.
- I can go on excursions and do activities in port, if I chose to get off the ship.
- I can, and often do, stay on the ship while the ship in in port and enjoy the quiet, less crowded atmosphere to read or meditate.
- The ship is reasonably wheelchair accessible!
- It is a very welcome break to be in warm weather in the middle of winter.
Now, a cruise is a vacation that my husband and I both love!
So, come cruise with us, especially if you love, or are curious about meditation and self-healing! We have eight rooms (double occupancy) on hold. Is one of them waiting for you?
Please share this post with your friends!!
Sounds absolutely wonderful. We should all go together!!